As temperatures soar outside, it’s a struggle to get out and exercise without melting into a puddle of sweat. It can be dangerous to exercise outside during the peak hours of summer heat. Exercising in extreme heat can increase your core temperature and cause you to become dehydrated quickly. Beat the heat and come exercise indoors at Competitive Edge. Here are a few things we’ve got going on this summer to help you stay fit without overheating.
If you’re motivated by a high-energy, group environment with lots of great music, our group fitness classes are for you!
- SweatVibes – This class is part party, part exercise and all fun! This is a class for people of all fitness levels. You control the intensity and level of exertion. This class is designed to be so much fun, you’ll forget you’re exercising.
- Zumba – This dance-based fitness class pumps you up to a fun mix of samba, funk, salsa, reggaetón and more. Another exercise-in-disguise class, this workout combines all elements of fitness without feeling like exercise. You’ll get a total body workout that includes cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, but it will just feel like a dance party.
Camps and Clinics
Kids and teens can work on their chosen sport or a little of everything in our summer camps and clinics.
- All Sports Summer Camp – For kids ages 6 to 13, campers will participate in baseball, softball, soccer, football, basketball, tennis and volleyball. They will work on good sportsmanship. Leadership skills and making new friends, all while staying fit and having lots of fun. For parents needing before and after care for their kids, we provide that as well, for an additional fee.
- Vertimax Edge – Using Plyometrics and a resistance band training system, you can strengthen weak muscles without the heavy workload. This workout is great for preventing injuries and helping you make gains in your favorite sport. This is available as a group class or in private sessions.
- Pass Rush Performance – This is for youths ages 11-14 to improve their defensive skills and pass rush performance. They will work on get-offs, vision, hands, hips, feet positioning, leverage, alignments and techniques and agility.
- Off Season Track – Students from ages 6 to 11 and up will work on starts, blocks, acceleration, speed conditioning, running form and Plyometrics in this 12-week program.
- Feminine Fusion – This belly dance workshop is a sensual and feminine fusion of fitness and dance.
If you work better one-on-one with a trainer, check out our private sessions.
- Speed and agility training – Every athlete has different personal goals and abilities. These sessions allow you to receive individual instruction in a specific area of your game. We focus on speed and power development, sport-specific training, general fitness and nutrition. These sessions are available for youths and adults and are available in 60- or 90-minute increments.
- Basketball private training – Get one-on-one help building basketball-specific skills — strength, endurance, shooting ability and technical skills.
- Vertimax Edge – Using Plyometrics and a resistance band training system, you can strengthen weak muscles without the heavy workload. These private sessions last 45 minutes and are on Saturdays from noon to 2 p.m., by appointment only.
- Batting cages – Work on your baseball and softball skills in the cool of our indoor facility. Get private instruction or practice on your own.
Join us this summer, and beat the heat at Competitive Edge!
Competitive Edge aims to develop the “complete athlete” using performance sports training in Woodbridge, VA and surrounding areas. Members are able to enhance their athletic performance and develop a competitive edge to excel in their desired sport.