Our Sports Performance Optimum Training, or S.P.O.T., sessions are designed to help you improve your sport-specific skills and become the best athlete you can be. We focus on all areas of training to create well-rounded, healthy and skilled athletes. We serve age divisions from ages 7 to adults.
Here are some of the ways our S.P.O.T. sessions make you a better athlete.
- Prevent injuries – When you strengthen your muscles through weight-bearing exercises, you can increase the density of your bones as well. That’s why resistance training is pivotal in keeping you safe and healthy as an athlete. Our Resistance Training classes help strengthen any weak muscles you might have, without the use of heavy weights, to help you prevent injury when you’re playing your favorite sport. We use repetitive exercises with K-bands, Speedtracs, weights or weight machines to increase muscle strength and endurance, protecting you from future injuries.
- Increase strength – We help you build muscle and increase your strength in both our Resistance Training and Strength Training classes. Strength Training sessions, for athletes 14 and older, use free weights, body weight training methods and machine assisted weights to help build the muscle you need to be the best athlete you can be. Learn proper lifting technique and training methodologies so that you can learn to lift weights in a safe and effective way for life.
- Improve cardiovascular conditioning – Your overall cardiovascular conditioning and endurance can make the winning difference when you’re on the field. Our cardio conditioning sessions get you in shape for the season with workouts like total body strength training for aerobic fitness, sprints and jogging.
- Become faster and more agile – Whether you’re stealing second base or weaving through defenders, speed and agility are two of the most important tools you have as an athlete. Elite Speed Training will teach you proper running form, how to accelerate, changing directions and first step quickness.
- Increase flexibility – Flexibility can also help reduce the chance of injury and help improve your overall athleticism. Sports Flex classes will tone and lengthen your muscles to improve your flexibility.
- Better mental clarity and less stress – Exercise is widely known to increase endorphin production (otherwise known as the feel-good chemicals) in your brain, causing you to feel happier and less stressed. Our Sports Flex classes, centered on yoga movements combined with strength, balance, flexibility and rest, are designed to help promote your mental clarity. Focus on relaxing your body and concentrated breathing to control stress.
Whether you develop these skills in one of our group classes or in private training, we want to help you become the best athlete you can be. Private training is offered by appointment only and sessions run 60 to 90 minutes. You must schedule a minimum of 3 sessions for private training. We offer private sessions for youth and adults and will focus on speed and power development, general fitness, sports-specific training and nutrition. Check out our S.P.O.T. class times and register online.
Competitive Edge aims to develop the “complete athlete” using performance sports training in Woodbridge, VA and surrounding areas. Members are able to enhance their athletic performance and develop a competitive edge to excel in their desired sport.