Training as a team is important to building a culture, encouraging hard work, developing bonds and learning from one another. If you’re going to squeeze in more practice time, it’s got to be convenient. You need equipment, sufficient space and an expert staff, and you don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for it.
So where can you go to practice together as a team where all your equipment and professional coaching is included? Competitive Edge has you covered.
- Equipment you need – Why lug around tons of equipment when you could use ours? In addition to all the standard sports equipment you need to practice, we have the big equipment you’re not going to find at your average school, like pitching machines and batting cages. We also have unique training equipment, like the VertiMax Jump Training System. VertiMax is the most advanced sports training system designed to increase athletic performance and abilities across all sports and ages. If you’re looking to develop speed, increase vertical jump ability and become more explosive, VertiMax is the one sports training system designed to do it all — and do it right.
- Plenty of space to practice (without fear of bad weather affecting practice) – Our huge indoor facilities offer plenty of space for your whole team to practice and you won’t have to worry about heat, cold, rain, snow or mud slowing you down. You can focus on different types of skill-building without the distraction of bad weather. We can accommodate teams from many sports, including baseball, softball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and general exercise and conditioning.
- Challenge each other outside of regular practice – They don’t say “practice makes perfect” for nothing! Getting in a lot of extra practice can help your team be the best they can be. Having a dedicated, indoor space with all the equipment you need makes squeezing in extra practices convenient and simple for the whole team. More practice also means extra cardio, social benefits and reduced injury risk.
- Review game recordings to improve – Competitive Edge offers dedicated studios where teams can watch replays of games and practices to improve strategies or hold team meetings. And our meeting facilities sure are an upgrade from having all your team meetings in a locker room before or after games!
- Save money – Individual athletes could pay for training packages on their own to get in extra practices, but it’s more cost effective for the team to go in together and practice. To get team pricing, a minimum of eight team members must sign up together for a training package. With all the benefits of training together as a team, saving money is just icing on the cake.
Competitive Edge aims to develop the “complete athlete” using performance sports training in Woodbridge, VA and surrounding areas. Members are able to enhance their athletic performance and develop a competitive edge to excel in their desired sport.